Childrens Programm The WigglesThis essay Childrens Programm The Wiggles is available for you on Essays24.com! Search Term Papers, College Essay Examples and Free Essays on Essays24.com - full papers database.
Autor: anton • October 2, 2010 • 401 Words (2 Pages) • 633 Views
Show #2: The Wiggles
1. Give the title or brief description of the television program or scene.
The Wiggles are four men who entertain children with song and dance. The characters of the show are Dorothy the Dinosaur, Wags the Dog, Henry the Octopus , Captain Feathersword and the friendly Pirate . In this show they were singing a song encouraging children to be friendly even if they have a bad
Day. The song also validated childrens emotions, saying it is okay to feel that way . But there is also something that you can do about it.
2. Is the television program designed specifically for young children?
Yes, the Wiggles are targeting young children. The lyrics of the songs are very simple. The language in the songs indicates a child's prospective
3. Did it intentionally aim at providing an educational message?
Yes, the song spoke about feelings. They validated children's feelings. Letting them know that it is okay to feel that way. But it also challenged them to speak about it and try to do something aobut it.
4. How many aggressive or violent acts are in the show? Did anything occur that you think might promote fear or distress for a young viewer. Why?
In this specific episode I couldn't find anything violent.
5. How many prosocial acts are in the show ? Briefly describe one.
Captain Feathersword made a mistake and had to ask Dorothy the Dionsour for forgivness. I thought that was a very good scene. They hugged at the end which gave the viewer a warm feeling.
6. Are references made to both males and females ? How is each portrayed. Were there