To: Customer Relations Employees

From: George Bushy, Human Resources Director

Date: May 7, 2007

Subject: External Company Email Policy

During a recent review of email messages sent to clients, it was noted that company correspondence contained mistakes that we must police each other in order to resolve. Our intention is to set a policy for our company that incorporates proven and effective business techniques for conducting transactions through email.

Effective May 15, 2007, IT Express will implement a policy for all business related email messages. We are confident that following the guidance within this policy will prove to be profitable and rewarding by showing our customers that we are the professional company to come to for their Information Technology (IT) needs.

Capital/Bold Letters

All email correspondence must be written in sentence case. Excessive use of capital letters within the message appears as though the writer is shouting at the reader. Also note that writing the message in all bold letters can be viewed as offensive to the reader.

Incorrect

DEAR MR JONES,

WE STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SENT TO THE COLLECTIONS OFFICE.

Correct

Dear Mr. Jones,

We still have not received your payment and your account will be sent to the collections office.

Subject

All emails must include a descriptive subject or reference. Simple subject titles such as "Quote" "Report" are not informative and fails to grasps the attention of the reader.

Acronyms

Acronyms in email messages should be limited while conducting company transactions. The use of multiple acronyms gives the impression that our company is too busy to write what they mean. On the occasion when it is necessary to use acronyms, the full set of words must be written with the acronym followed in parentheses. The acronym must also be recognized in the industry.

Response Time

When email is received from a client requesting feedback, our benchmark is to provide a response within the same business day. Depending on when the email is received, the maximum delay for responding is 24 hours. We want to not only meet the customer's needs, but exceed their expectations. A reply to an inquiry will let the responder know we want their business.

Spelling & Grammar

To reduce the amount of email being sent with grammar and spelling errors, we have created message templates for frequently requested information. These handy templates are located in employee share drive.

If a

Download as:   txt (4.2 Kb)   pdf (77.7 Kb)   docx (10.6 Kb)
Continue for 3 more pages »
Only available on Essays24.com
Citation Generator

(2011, 05). Business Email Memo. Essays24.com. Retrieved 05, 2011, from https://www.essays24.com/essay/Business-Email-Memo/51837.html