Real Estate DevelopmentThis essay Real Estate Development is available for you on Essays24.com! Search Term Papers, College Essay Examples and Free Essays on Essays24.com - full papers database.
Autor: anton • November 5, 2010 • 571 Words (3 Pages) • 997 Views
The Real Estate Boom
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about the different types of presentations real estate developers conduct.
Thesis Statement: Real estate developers are required to present themselves formally and informally to various audience and situations.
I. Attention Getter: "It's tangible, it's solid, it's beautiful, and it's artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate"- Donald Trump (9 Jan. 2002, real estate billionaire). Real estate comes in many shapes and forms, and its presentations are far from different.
II. Credibility Statement: I am currently studying real estate development at Purdue University and would like to share with you the different characteristics used for presentations by a real estate developer.
III. Relating to the Audience: No matter your field of study; presentation and communication skills are an essential part of any job.
IV. Thesis Statement: Real estate developers are required to present themselves formally and informally to various audience and situations.
Transition: First, I will discuss the types of presentations real estate developers make.
I. Real estate developers present both formal and informal presentations.
A. Formal presentations consist of team research, using Microsoft Office tools, and presenting them.
1. The developer works with a sales team to project future earnings in the housing market.
2. According to Sully Richardson, "Informative presentations are then created with the data received from the different divisions of the company and placed into graphs and charts for the presentation." (6 Sep. 2005, Richardson, Sully.C.F.O. Pageantry Co.)
B. Informal presentations consist of sharing financial conditions with clients.
1. According to Sully Richardson (6 Sep. 2005, C.F.O. Pageantry Co.), informal presentations occur "several times a week" with clients receiving construction schedules and information about the current housing market.
2. Informal presentations consist of the client asking the real estate developer question's about certain financial situations.
Transition: Now that you know about the different types of presentations real estate developers present, I will begin to discuss the different audience who view them.
II. Real estate developers present to a wide variety of audiences.
A. Speeches given to lenders form the majority of formal presentations.
1. The developer conducts a formal - persuasive presentation