Harrah's Swot Analysis For The Tunica AreaThis essay Harrah's Swot Analysis For The Tunica Area is available for you on Essays24.com! Search Term Papers, College Essay Examples and Free Essays on Essays24.com - full papers database.
Autor: anton • December 27, 2010 • 565 Words (3 Pages) • 735 Views
I. Situation Analysis/ SWOT
1. Grand Casino Tunica is a large resort and gaming venue. It has an event center that can seat up to 2400 guests during a headlining show. Grand Casino Resorts has three hotels: the Veranda, the Terrace, and the casino hotel. The Veranda has five hundred sixty hotel rooms and suites. The Terrace has six hundred rooms and a spa. The casino hotel has an additional five hundred plus rooms. The Grand also has Kids Quest, an arcade, and over 12,000 square feet of convention space.
2. Horseshoe is medium sized casino with a 1400 seat entertainment venue called Bluesville. The Horseshoe has one fourteen story hotel with over five hundred rooms with three hundred eleven suites. The Horseshoe has more than two thousand slot machines and greater than seventy table games. They have a health spa, meeting rooms and several restaurants. \It has a "Diamond Lounge" which benefits high rollers with complimentary food. They have a large high stakes area with many large denomination machines. There is a Starbucks in the hotel lobby. They focus on marketing to players than live more than two hundred miles from the area.
3. The Sheraton is a small casino. It has live entertainment at the stage bar every night. Provides overflow for the Horseshoe guests.
4. The main consumer services for all three Harrahs properties include slots gambling, table games, hotel stays and other amenities. They do offer business to business (B2B) services including banquet rooms, hosting group conventions and hosting parties. Since businesses like to hold their conventions in different places every year, the convention center is a modified rebuy for them so there is a large market opportunity for Harrahs.
The company has a player tracking system, a form of intranet, called Total Rewards. This gives them a strong basis for their customer relationship management. They can also use this information for data mining purposes. Guests can play at one Harrahs casino and carry the play value to any Harrahs property.
1. Grand Casino Tunica needs more specialty shops.